Peter Corridon (Associate Dean for Student Affairs (Acting) and an Assistant Professor of
Immunology and Physiology, Khalifa University)
Affiliation: Department of Physiology and Immunology, Khalifa University
1. Could you tell us more about yourself?
My research has revolved around fluorescent molecules for the past 15 years. This has helped me with my graduate and post-doctoral studies, as well as progressing within academia, where I am currently serving as the Associate Dean for Student Affairs (Acting) and an Assistant Professor of Immunology and Physiology at Khalifa
University, Abu Dhabi. I am a Medical Biophysicist, and my expertise lies within the areas of mathematics, physics, engineering, biomedicine, and microvascular surgery.
2. Could you briefly describe your work?
My work focuses on replacing the lost/damaged tissues. So, basically my team works on extracellular matrix and microvascular remolding that supports tissue/organ regeneration and replacement and uses functional dynamic imaging to study these processes.
3. What product(s) did you buy from TdB Labs AB and what is it going to be used for (application area)?
Back in 2010, I had bought FD4, FD150 and TD150 for gene delivery and intravital microscopic studies, while currently we have bought FITC-dextran 150 (1g), FITC-dextran 4 (5g), TRITC-dextran 4 (1g), and Antonia Reddextran 150 (50 mg) that would aid in building bioartificial tissues.
4. How satisfied are you with the quality of the products you received?
I am extremely satisfied with the quality of your products, and this is supported by the fact that I have remained one of your loyal customers for over a decade.
5. Why did you choose TdB Labs when you buy your chemicals?
Based on my experience, I could swear by the products from TdB Labs AB that are based on the tight distribution of large molecular weight substances and quality of the fluorescence in-vitro and in-vivo.
6. How did you become aware of TdB Labs?
This was way back in 2009-2010 in Indianapolis through your current collaborator, Ruben Sandoval when I was pursuing doctoral education under him.
7. What do you value the most when you buy chemicals?
Quality of the chemicals is of utmost importance, but also having a reliable customer service and close collaboration with the customer holds value.
8. How would you describe TdB Labs’ customer service?
Second to none!
9. How likely is it that you would recommend TdB Labs to a friend or colleague?
10. What do you appreciate the most about TdB Labs?
Making compounds that enable impossible or difficult research, using the same compounds for new purposes, and having the unique ability to visit and talk to scientists are some of the things that I appreciate the most about TdB Labs AB.
11. Did you find any unique qualities in TdB Labs as compared to other companies?
As mentioned earlier, the possibility for customers to be in personal contact with the scientists and discuss about their projects is a unique quality. TdB Labs AB has also consistently maintained a high level of quality in their products over the years that has generated loyal customers like me over time.
12. Is there anything that we could improve?
Finding a way to distribute your products in the UAE.